LPFM Update Submission

Developer
Jul 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I've been working on including Last.FM scrobbling support in my Pandora Radio client Elpis

In the process of this I had to make some changes for a few reasons:

- Elpis is compiled against the .NET Client Profile (to provide quicker installs) and I replaced HttpUtility.UrlEncode with one that has been pulled out of System.Web, so that I could recompile LPFM as Client Profile compatible.

- Proxy support - Elpis supports the use of Proxies, so LPFM had to be modified to allow passing in a WebProxy

- Support for Love/UnLove and Ban/UnBan were added so that it could be synced up with the ratings applied in Elpis (and therefore Pandora)

My point of all this is that, if so desired, I would like to submit my changes back to the main project.

I realize that the changes may not be entirely in the style that you would prefer and I am more than willing to work to get it fully in compliance. As well as do my best to keep things in sync with the main project source, should you accept the changes.

I'm not really sure what the best way to submit the changes to you (I'm not familiar with Mercurial).  You can see the updated library here: http://code.google.com/p/elpis-pandora-client/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FLibs%2FLastFmScrobbler
Note: my code is all GPL, but I have left the LPFM license intact and included a Readme explaining any changes.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be watching this post. 

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hi Adam,

That is so cool that you are using some of the LPFM classes in your project. And your enhancements look great. I have added you as a developer, so if you would like to merge in your changes that would be a big help to me. It would also satisfy a request I had from Jus71 almost a year ago, so that is really cool.

I am only just now returning to this project, having been sidetracked on other work. Elpis sounds interesting - will take a look soon.

Cheers and thanks for getting in touch.

- Daniel

Developer
Jul 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Daniel,

Thanks to you for writing such a great library. I was about to write my own when better judgement told me to google it first. It saved me a great deal of time and was exceptionally easy to use.

I'm not familiar with Mercurial, but I will get it set up and figure out how to merge in my changes shortly.

-Adam 

Developer
Jul 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM

So, I submitted my changes and it looks like everything took, with one exception.

For some reason, the account it attributed to the change set (http://lpfm.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/c917604b3d35) is "admin". (http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/admin)

Where as it should be adammhaile. Seems to just be a glitch with CodePlex, I would guess. Though, the local account on the machine I committed from is admin, maybe it used that. It did make me login with my CodePlex credentials though, so I'm not sure.

Anyways, probably just a fluke and doesn't really matter as long as the commit worked. Just very weird.

Let me know if you see any issues. If you want and I get a chance I am happy to update the sample to reflect the new features. I'm not really familiar with MSTest, however, so I may not be a lot of help in terms of updating the tests. 

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Brilliant, I will update the sample and throw in some tests if they look like they are worthwhile. Going to sign up for Pandora tonight - didn't realise the service was available in New Zealand.

Talk soon

- D

Developer
Aug 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I didn't realize it was available outside of the US either. Very cool :)
I will add a link to LPFM on the main project page since Elpis now uses it. Is there a personal website or anything of yours that you would like me to link to as well?

Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM

No, just a link to the codeplex page would be great - cheers!

Just published a new release v1.3.0 which incorporates your changes :D